Friday, September 25, 2009

What a "User" looks like


This is such a beautiful depiction of what social media can do and who is our "user." I came across this British Telecom (BT) advertisement from 2002 in searching for images to add to a class I am teaching on social optimization. Talk about engagement, they certainly got me (but not for using their services). I certainly took the time to share the advertisement with my community of social media people. What I found fascinating by the commentary on this YouTube posting was that it was mostly based on "the making of" There were people who were in the advert, and others who "knew people in the advert." But the content message was not commented on. And yet, despite this advert being over seven years old and made for television, it is now being used by people like me, via YouTube, as content to explain the power of social media. The individual who posted it is not even connected to BT (at least it seems). Something is far more sticky in that...

No comments:

Post a Comment